Rooster Roundup Pheasant Hunting Contest
It’s all in the game – give it a shot!
- “Rooster Roundup” hat per each registered leg band (600 TOTAL).Some communities will be releasing more than 50 birds.
$10.00 community gift certificate ‘bucks’ per each registered leg band (600 TOTAL).Some communities will be giving gifts worth more than $10.00.
- $500.00 GRAND PRIZE community gift certificate ‘bucks’ (8 TOTAL - 1 per community).
- “Bounty Birds” prizes will be given to winners who hunt in the Dodge City area only.“Bounty Birds” will have a specific colored band and will be different than the “Rooster Roundup” bands. Those bands are exclusive to a series of separate prizes.
- Please check with each community for a full list of birds released and prizes available.
Rules & Regulations
- 600 banded pheasants will be released in Ford County near Dodge City, in Finney County near Garden City, in Stevens County near Hugoton, in Hodgeman County near Jetmore, in Seward County near Liberal, in Grant County near Ulysses, in Gray County near Cimarron, and in Morton County near Elkhart.
- No cost to enter.
- All licensed hunters, 21 and older, are welcome to participate and collect prize.
- Entries accepted from November 9, 2019 through January 31, 2020.
- Each leg band entry must be turned in at one of the approved locations in Dodge City, Garden City, Hugoton, Jetmore, Liberal, Cimarron, Elkhart or Ulysses to be registered.
- A number is assigned to each leg band and the GRAND PRIZE winner will be revealed the week following the contests end on January 31, 2020.
- A valid hunting license should be presented when submitting your leg band entry.
- All State and Federal firearms regulations apply.
Banded pheasant entries must be registered at:
Liberal Tourist Information Center
1 Yellow Brick Road
Liberal, KS 67901
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm, Saturday 10:00 am- 4:00 pm
Closed Thanksgiving and the following Friday, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day