Rooster Roundup Pheasant Hunting Contest
It’s all in the game- give it a shot!
- Rooster Roundup Hat per each registered leg band (TOTAL of 250; 50 per community)
- $10 Community Gift Certificate ‘Bucks’ per each registered leg band (TOTAL of 250; 50 per community)
- $500 Community Gift Certificate ‘Bucks’ (TOTAL of 5; 1 per community)
Rules & Regulations
- 250 Banded Pheasants will be released in Ford County, near Dodge City, KS; in Finney County, near Garden City, KS; in Stevens County, near Hugoton, KS; in Hodgeman County, near Jetmore, KS; and in Seward County, near Liberal, KS.
- No cost to enter. All licensed hunters, 18 and older, are welcome to participate and collect prizes.
- Entries accepted from November 12th, 2016 through January 31st, 2017.
- Each leg band entry must be turned in at one of the approved locations in Dodge City, Garden City, Hugoton, Jetmore, or Liberal to be registered.
- A number is assigned to each leg band. The Grand Prize winner will be revealed the week after the contests end: January 31st, 2017.
- A valid hunting license should be presented when submitting your leg band entry.
- All State and Federal Firearms Regulations Apply.
Banded Pheasant entries must be claimed at the following locations
Dodge City Visitors Center
400 West Wyatt Earp
Dodge City, KS 67801
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:30 am- 5:00 pm
Closed Thanksgiving and the following Friday and Christmas and New Year’s Day
Finney County Convention and Visitors Bureau
1513 Fulton Terrace
Garden City, KS 67846
Hours of Operation: Monday– Friday 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
Closed Thanksgiving and the following Friday, and Christmas and New Year’s Day
HorseThief Reservoir (HTR)
19005 SW Hwy 156
Jetmore, KS 67854
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:00 am -4:00 pm
(See Tanner Greve or Heather Mihm)
Hodgeman County Eco Devo Office (HCED)
500 Main – 1st Floor
Jetmore, KS 67854
Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm or call on weekends
(See Lea Ann Seiler)
Stevens County Economic Development/Hugoton Area Chamber of Commerce Office
630 S Main
Hugoton, KS 67951
Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
Closed Thanksgiving and the following Friday, the day before Christmas, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
Liberal Tourist Information Center
1 Yellow Brick Road
Liberal, KS 67901
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Saturday 10:00 am -4:00 pm
Closed Thanksgiving and the following Friday,Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
Mailed entries will also be accepted, (it is recommended to register the letter.) Please include:
- The Pheasant Leg Band
- Copy of Valid Hunting License
- Email Address
- Location of the shoot.
If requested, bands will be returned to the person who registered the entry at the end of the contest.